Astra is one of the most popular & fastest loading WordPress themes on the market. Created by Brainstorm Force, Astra is a fast, fully customizable & beautiful multi-purpose WordPress theme. In this Astra theme review, we’ll take a deeper look at its features, flexibility, user experience, and finish up by giving you our opinion on whether or not it’s worth the investment.
Astra is a lightweight, fully customizable, and WooCommerce ready theme that you can use for building any kind of website. It’s known for having clean code and being super lightweight out of the box. In fact, the entire Astra theme is less than 50KB when installed.
Astra theme built with integrated Schema code, Native AMP support, and they offer special templates that work perfectly with all page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, SiteOrigin, Divi builder, etc.
Table of Contents
- About Astra WordPress theme
- Astra Theme Review from our experience
- Pros & cons of using Astra WordPress theme
- Astra WordPress theme plans pricing
- Astra Pro WordPress theme features
- Astra theme Premium modules
- Astra theme customization options
- Astra Documentation and Customer Support
- FAQ about Astra WordPress theme
- Conclusion: is Astra Fastest WordPress Theme?
About Astra WordPress theme
Astra is a fast loading multipurpose WordPress theme, which means that you can adapt it to any website niche. According to WordPress.org, currently, the Astra theme has over 1 million active installation WordPress sites and has also managed to maintain an incredible 5-star rating on over 4242 reviews.
The core Astra theme is 100% free and then there’s also an Astra Premium version to unlock the full potential of this theme. Premium Astra theme is technically a WordPress plugin that you install alongside the free theme to extends the theme functionality, customization options, etc. Let’s check the Astra theme review with theme features, pricing, & performance.
Astra Theme Review from our experience
Astra is the perfect option for performance-focused users (like me) who want to be able to customize and control everything on a site. This theme is popular, not just for its clean design, features, but more for its flexibility with all drag & drop page builder like Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. You can make Astra do pretty much anything.
Here’s my website loading time on WebPageTest after using the Astra Pro theme. Note: Along with the Astra theme, I’m also using the WPX Hosting & WP Rocket cache plugin to optimize my website loading time.
Let’s check Astra’s theme features, pricing, customization options, pros, and cons in detail. So that you can decide for yourself why you need Astra PRO.
Pros & cons of using Astra WordPress theme
Nothing is perfect in this world. All WordPress theme comes with some advantages & disadvantages. Here are a few pros & cons of using the Astra theme that we learned from our own experience.
Pro Features of using Astra:
- Design Options: With the Astra theme, you can design almost anything on your website. They also offer 20+ free starter templates and page builder supports on their free version. Astra is completely WooCommerce ready to build an e-Commerce website.
- Site Layouts: Astra Premium offers a Site Layout module, you can manage the overall layout of the website. With this module, you can display your primary content in boxed layout, full width, & fluid layout. You can also insert specific margins, padding, etc.
- Support: Astra premium users have a dedicated 24/7 Support team for live chat. They also offer their users In-Depth step by step articles, video guides on their knowledge base.
- Developer friendly code: Astra follows default WordPress data and following the best coding standards to make it easier for web developers. Apart from that, Astra has tons of hooks and filters for Custom Layouts.
- Page builder support: Page Builder is the best way to design a professional-looking website without any knowledge of coding. Astra theme is comfortable with all types of Page Builder.
- SEO-Friendly: Astra theme is completely responsive & SEO friendly. And it’s working with all WordPress SEO plugins like Yoast, Rank Math, etc. Astra theme also comes with an integrated SEO schema code.
Cons of using Astra:
- Limited customization options & theme features on the free version.
- No chat support option available on the free version. But there are tons of free video & article guides available on their knowledge base.
Astra WordPress theme plans pricing
The core Astra theme is available for free at WordPress.org. Now, If you’re serious about using the Astra theme on your all website, I feel you should purchase the Astra Premium plugin, to make the site more customizable. (I personally using Astra PRO on my websites)
The free version doesn’t give you nearly as many settings in the WordPress Customizer. And you’ll also miss out on the premade Site Library.
Astra Premium is also still quite affordable. They offer three license options that give you access to the same content. The Astra Pro plans cost $47 per year, the Mini Agency Bundle costs $169 per year and the Agency Bundle costs $249 per year. And, the best part of Astra premium is that you can use it on unlimited sites without any restrictions.
- Astra PRO: This plan costs you $47/year instead of $59. Astra Pro plans come with all premium modules, 20+ starter WordPress templates, unlimited website usages, & live chat support.
- Mini agency Bundle: This plan costs you $169/year instead of $276. Astra mini agency bundle plan comes with all premium modules, 55+ premium agency templates, Wp portfolio plugin, and ultimate addons for Elementor/Beaver page builder.
- Agency Bundle: This plan costs you $249/year instead of $249. This plan comes with everything that offers by Brainstorm Force. Astra Agency bundle offer all premium modules, extensive training, 55+ premium templates, Schema pro plugin, Convert pro plugin, and all page builder addons for free.
Refund Policy: All Astra premium plans come with a 14-day 100% money-back guarantee. It means, If you purchase Astra PRO and not satisfied with theme performance, then you can get your money back within 14 days.
Astra Pro WordPress theme features
The goal of the multi-purpose theme is to make it easy for you to customize your site and create a professional-looking site with page builder. Astra uses the default WordPress Customizer for theme customization. With Astra Pro, you will get access to 19 different premium modules to save a ton of time designing work your website, which makes this purchase more valuable.
Astra theme Premium modules
- Typography: Astra theme comes with 700+ Google fonts. Astra Typography Module gives you complete control to manage typography on your website. With this module, you can select different font sizes for different devices. Astra also comes with a free Custom Fonts plugin to import any custom font you like.
- Colors: Design and theme color are essential parts of any website. You can manage the colors and background on any part of your website. Free Astra theme gives some basic color options to choose but with Astra Pro plugin adds more options in the customizer.
- Mega Menu: with this module, you can add menu & slideout menu sections and fades.
- Mobile header: Mobile header modules use for customizing and adjust header breakpoints, set a mobile-friendly different logo, custom menu styles, & colors for a mobile device.
- Integrations: Astra integrates LifterLMS, LearnDash plugin to build a user-friendly, attractive, and distraction-free online course website.
- Custom Layouts: This module allows you to create custom headers, footer, 404 pages, page builder, and use them on the entire website. You can also set Display Conditions on a particular page.
- Global Designs Options: Astra’s all design modules lets you display your logo on different header positions, add breakpoints, display flyouts, add hamburger menu, and add stick header.
- WooCommerce: Astra’s WooCommerce module allows you to create an e-Commerce website. With this module, you can display your products in a grid layout, add an off-canvas sidebar on the Shop page, Infinite Scroll on the shop page, show a dropdown cart, etc.
Astra theme customization options
Apart from the premium module, you can get more options on the WordPress default customizer. With Pro addon, you’ll be able to customize pretty much everything on your website.
Astra also offers free Astra Starter sites WordPress plugins to import pre-built website design with a single click. You can choose your favorite page builder Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Gutenberg based WordPress site to import.
There are 70+ pre made layout availale on Astra theme (with free version you can only import 35 free layouts). Everyting designed for beginners to create professional looking websites without touching any code.
If you are a developer then you can also use Hooks and filters to modify site design. Note: Astra Astra is a 100% open source theme If you are a developer you can see & contribute to GitHub.
Astra Documentation and Customer Support
When it comes to technical support, the Astra team performs really well than its competitors like GeneratePress. I’ve had a very good experience with the Astra developer team. They are extremely friendly and offered direct answers & solutions to each question I asked.
Astra team offers excellent documentation on the official website that goes over all the features of the Astra theme. With Astra PRO, you get extensive step by step articles knowledge base that puts you a few clicks away from all the information you need. It’s comprehensive and includes screenshots of every step.
You only get the live chat support team when you buy the Astra Premium plugin. If you need basic theme support You can also join their community or you can check the knowledge base for information.
You can also get pre-sales queries about theme pricing, features, bundles, etc. Contact the Astra Pre-Sales quires team.
FAQ about Astra WordPress theme
Here are some most asked questions about the Astra WordPress theme. If you have questions about the WordPress theme let me know in the comment sections. Otherwise, you can contact the Astra support team for theme features, performance, etc.
Conclusion: is Astra Fastest WordPress Theme?
After reading Astra theme review, you might be wondering it it worth $47?
Yes, It Worth every dollar. Astra is one of the fastest loading WordPress themes that you will find. From only $47 per year, it gives you premium theme support and hundreds of new styling and layout options, and many more.
Also, Astra supports all popular drag-and-drop Page builders, native support for WooCommerce, optimization for fast-loading websites, SEO-friendly Schema code, etc. For those of you who are looking for a full-customizable WordPress theme with blazing-fast loading speed, Astra it the recommended theme for blogging based websites.
Now, I want to hear from you. Have you ever tried the Astra theme? How’s your experience with Astra, let me know in the comment section. If you have some questions related to the WordPress theme let me know.
You may also like:
- Best Apps for Bloggers.
- Chrome Extensions for Bloggers.
- Grammarly student Discount.
- Google AdSense Guide.
Thank you. Have a lovely day.
Astra is one of the most popular & fastest loading WordPress themes on the market. Created by Brainstorm Force, Astra is a fast, fully customizable & beautiful multi-purpose WordPress theme. Download Astra Theme.