Confused between Bluehost and Siteground hosting?
Well, who doesn’t?
When it comes to choosing the best shared hosting providers, Bluehost and Siteground are two well-known names in the industry. Here we share Bluehost vs Siteground Hosting compassion (with Real World test). Get all the facts you need to know before you buy hosting.
I’m fortunate enough to have hosted my own sites on both of them. Based on my own hosting experience of using both the hosting environments.
This page gives you all the details of Bluehost & Siteground hosting along with its features, benefits, and discount coupon code.
Now let’s dive into our detailed comparison so that you can decide for yourself.
Table of page contents
Siteground vs Bluehost hosting 2020
I use Bluehost & SiteGround for many of my small projects mainly because of how they structure their pricing & features. You’ll want to check out Bluehost with a 60% off discount & SiteGround 70% discount here as well.
Before we move ahead, let’s quickly mention some of the similar features offered by both Siteground and Bluehost shared and managed WordPress hosting:-
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Recommend hosting by WordPress.
- Free Cloudflare CDN integration available.
- PHP 7 ready.
- Priority customer support.
- One-click WordPress installation.
One thing which I can tell you right now: Both hosting providers have their own advantages and disadvantages, and you should pick one based on your requirements.
In this complete hosting comparison, we will put their promises to test. These are the areas we will look into:
- Loading time: How fast will your website load with your hosting server? We will test our website with different to check website speed.
- Customer Support: Are they offer 24/7 friendly technical support for their customers? Is there any knowledge base (step by step guides, videos) available?
- Server quality: How fast your website server response time with your hosting server? What about server last 12 months’ average uptime score?
- Pricing: How much cost hosting? Is there any coupon available for first-time customers?
- Features: Are they offer essential hosting features like free SSL, CDN, & domain name, server security, single-click WordPress installations, etc.
Now let’s dive into our detailed Bluehost vs Siteground head-to-head comparison so that you can decide for yourself. But I recommend you to go with SiteGround like me.
Bottom Line: If you are in a hurry, If you don’t have the time to read the whole comparison, here’s our opinion on the matter in brief: SiteGround is the better all-round hosting service. In fact, according to our research, Bluehost is the second-best hosting provider on the market (just behind SiteGround).
If, however, you’re planning to host a WordPress website, it bears mentioning that SiteGround & Bluehost both hosting providers WordPress.org recommend.
Introducing: The Two Competitors
First, let’s take a look at the Bluehost hosting.
Bluehost started in 2003 and become one of the most popular and largest EIG (Endurance International Group) web hosting companies in the world. Right now, Bluehost powers over 2.1 million websites on their Web server.
Their basic WordPress hosting plan prices begin at $3.92/mo and include improved security, backups, and a free SSL certificate. These help to keep your blog or website protected and safe.
Siteground is the most popular non-EIG (Endurance International Group) web hosting company founded in 2004 and servicing more than 2.1 Million domains worldwide.
Their basic WordPress hosting plan prices begin at $3.95 per month. With SiteGround you never have to worry about your website being slow even when there is a lot of traffic.
Both hosting providers have a long-standing relationship with the WordPress community. They are an official WordPress recommended hosting provider along with Dreamhost.
Bluehost & SiteGround Hosting pricing comparison
They both offer almost similar pricing.
Here Bluehost pricing:
- Bluehost Basic Plan = SiteGround StartUp Plan
- Bluehost Plus Plan ~ SiteGround GrowBig Plan (Bluehost has no traffic caps but SiteGround does, but hosting features are similar)
- Bluehost Choice Plus < Siteground GoGeek Plan (SiteGround provides a few extra bonuses)
Note: Both hosting comes with a 30-days money-back guarantee. After using any hosting, if you are not satisfied with server performance, then you’ll get your money back.
But pricing isn’t the end all be all – let’s take a look at hosting server performance.