When choosing the best WordPress hosting providers, SiteGround and Bluehost are two well-known famous names in the industry; if you want to start your WordPress website & confused between SiteGround and Bluehost hosting.
Then you are in the right place; in this article, we share a Bluehost vs. Siteground Hosting honest comparison based on pricing, hosting features, performance, & customer support.
I’m fortunate enough to have hosted my sites on both hostings. Based on my own hosting experience of using both the hosting environments, get all the facts you need to know before buying hosting.
We’ll cover their key hosting features, pricing, customer support, and server performance to help you determine if one of them is right for you. Let’s dive into our Bluehost vs. SiteGround detailed comparison to decide for yourself which hosting is best for your website.
Table of Contents
- Bluehost and SiteGround Hosting Comparison 2022
- About Bluehost & SiteGround Hosting
- SiteGround vs Bluehost: Pricing Comparison
- Bluehost vs SiteGround: Support comparison
- SiteGround vs Bluehost: Hosting Features Comparison
- Bluehost vs. SiteGround: Performance Comparison
- Bluehost vs. SiteGround 2022 – which host should you choose?
Bluehost and SiteGround Hosting Comparison 2022
If you’re planning to host a WordPress website, SiteGround & Bluehost are hosting providers WordPress.org recommends. It means both hosting providers are entirely compatible with the WordPress environment.
Before we move ahead, let’s quickly mention some of the similar features offered by both Siteground and Bluehost shared and managed WordPress hosting:
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Recommend hosting by WordPress.
- Free Cloudflare CDN integration
- PHP 7 ready.
- 24/7 customer support
- One-click WordPress installation
- Easy to use interface for Beginners
- Premium server security
- Thirty days money back gurantee, etc.
I can tell you that both hosting providers have their advantages and disadvantages, and you should pick one based on your requirements.
In this complete Bluehost and SiteGround hosting comparison, we will put their promises to the test. These are the areas we will look into:
- Loading time: How fast load your website with both hosting providers? We will test our website with different tools to check website speed.
- Customer Support: Are they offer 24/7 friendly technical support for their customers? Is there any knowledge base (step by step guides, videos) available?
- Reliability: How fast is your website server response time & what about the server’s last 12 months’ average uptime score?
- Pricing: How much does hosting cost? Is there any discount coupon available for first-time customers?
- Features: They offer essential hosting features like free SSL, CDN, & domain name, server security, single-click WordPress installations, etc.
Bottom Line: If you are in a hurry, If you don’t have the time to read the whole comparison, here’s our opinion on the matter in brief: Bluehost is the better general hosting service. In fact, according to our research, SiteGround is the second-best WordPress hosting provider on the market (just behind Bluehost).
Now let’s dive into our detailed Bluehost vs. Siteground head-to-head comparison so that you can decide for yourself.
About Bluehost & SiteGround Hosting
Bluehost was founded in 2003 and has since grown to become one of the World’s largest providers of reliable and cheap web EIG-based hosting providers & servicing more than 2.2 million websites on their server.
Bluehost provides a free one-year domain name for one year, including the free SSL certificate, site migrations, and Cloudflare CDN integrations for sites even in the low-end plans. Their basic WordPress hosting plan prices begin at $2.75/mo and include improved security, backups, and a free SSL certificate.
On the other hand, SiteGround started in 2004 and steadily grew to become one of the World’s largest & rapidly growing non-EIG-based hosting companies. Their web hosting plans mainly focus on website speed optimization and hosting security.
Siteground all hosting plans come with free daily backups, top-notch 24/7/365 knowledgeable customer support, 100% server uptime guarantee, and a 30-days money-back guarantee. Right now, SiteGround uses the Google cloud server to host your website with SG cache technology to speed up your site.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Pricing Comparison
Hosting price is a significant factor when you’re on a budget. As you know, both hosting providers specialize in WordPress hosting. Let’s make a head-to-head comparison between the pricing of the different hosting options from Bluehost and SiteGround:
Bluehost offers four types of WordPress hosting plans: Basic, Plus, Choice Plus, & Pro. It costs you $2.95/mo, $5.45/mo, $5.45/mo, and $13.95/month. But with our special Bluehost coupon, you start your website on Bluehost at $2.95/month.
SiteGround offers three WordPress hosting plans: StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. It costs you $3.99/mo, $6.69/mo, and $10.69/month. With the SiteGround coupon code, you can get up to a 73% discount.
Both hosting providers offer a 30-days money-back guarantee. After using Bluehost or Siteground, you can get your complete refund if you are not satisfied with the hosting service.
Bluehost offers a one-year free domain name with all hosting plans, but Siteground doesn’t offer any free domain name. As you can see, SiteGround plans are slightly costly compared to Bluehost’s plans. If you’re looking for an affordable hosting solution, Bluehost could be the best for your website.
Bluehost vs SiteGround: Support comparison
Judging hosting customer support will always be a bit anecdotal, especially if you don’t need to utilize it much. But when you run into trouble with a WordPress website, you’ll always need a technician team to help get you up and rerunning your blog correctly.
Both hosting providers claim they offer a 24/7/365 support system where you can talk to their technical customer support team using the live chat or phone call or Tickets.
Along with customer support, SiteGround and Bluehost offer an extensive knowledge base with a vast library of articles and step-by-step video tutorials for beginners.
I’ve had a good experience with both hosting customer representatives; they are friendly & live chat response times are almost instant.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Hosting Features Comparison
Both hosting providers offer essential hosting features to get your website up and running without any issues like Free SSL, Cloudflare CDN, spam protection, unlimited bandwidth, single-click WordPress installation, free email address, website builders, etc. Below are a few areas we need to compare:
- Free domain name: Bluehost comes with a one-year free domain name registration with all hosting plans. But SiteGround doesn’t offer any free domain name.
- SSD Storage: Both hosting providers offer SSD storage. SiteGround has storage limitations in all hosting plans, in the startup plan; you get 10 GB; on GrowBig & GoGeek plan, you get 20GB and 40 GB SSD space. But in Bluehost, the basic plan comes with 50GB, and other plans come with unlimited SSD storage.
- Monthly Traffic: All Bluehost hosting plan comes with unlimited monthly traffic. But in SiteGround, you get some monthly traffic limitations like the startup plan has 10k/ month visits. And the GrowBig & GoGeek plan comes with 25k/month and 100k/month visits.
- Backup: Both hosting comes with daily backup features. But SiteGround backups your website automatically, but in Bluehost, you have to do it manually.
- Marketing Offer: SiteGround doesn’t provide any marketing offer, but on the other hand, Bluehost offers a $200 marketing offer with a plus & choice plus plan.
- Free Site Migrations: Right now, Bluehost offer free site migrations by WordPress professional. On the other hand, SiteGround uses its WordPress plugins to migrate websites on its server.
Bluehost vs. SiteGround: Performance Comparison
WP Beginners studies show “only one-second slow website speed can decrease your customer conversion rate by 8%. And three seconds slow website can cost you 50% of your organic website traffic.”
Website loading speed, server response time, and uptime are the most critical factors in choosing a hosting web service. Here are Bluehost and SiteGround hosting average server uptime performance last few weeks.
A slow website affects user experience and affects your website’s SEO rankings. Most of the hosting providers claim they offer the best hosting server in the World. Now let’s check how fast their hosting servers are.
Here are a few hosting providers’ average server response time performance last few months by Tools Pingdom.
In the server uptime test, both SiteGround and Bluehost hosts maintain their 100% server uptime. But, Bluehost servers are faster than SiteGround servers.
As you can see, With Bluehost hosting, my website’s total load time is 2.781 sec, and with SiteGround hosting, my website load time is 2.237 sec. But If you look at the first-byte time, you realize the Bluehost server loading time is 0.60 sec, and the Siteground server takes 0.872 sec. So, in my test, Bluehost sever faster than the SiteGround server.
Bluehost vs. SiteGround 2022 – which host should you choose?
Ok, so in the end, who should you choose between SiteGround and Bluehost? After our comparison, we believe that Bluehost is a better hosting provider than SiteGround in overall hosting performance, features, and pricing.
Why did you choose Bluehost?
When you have a tight budget for hosting, you don’t want to spend lots of money on hosting. They offer free domain, SSL, CDN, & backup on their basic shared hosting plan. Bluehost also recommends hosting for WordPress.
They also offer a $200 marketing offer, spam protection, unmetered bandwidth, etc. Suppose you are looking for a hosting company with an international bent, focusing on stable technical features, speed, & website security. In that case, Bluehost web hosting is the best option for you.
Why did you choose SiteGround?
If you are looking for a hosting provider with the best server response time and uptime, then SiteGround is the ultimate option. They offer managed WordPress hosting platform for WordPress-based website speed optimization. SiteGround also offers a free cache plugin, so you don’t have to buy a third-party cache plugin.
Siteground Provides Superfast, Reliable, High-security Hosting with free daily backups, top-notch 24/7/365 knowledgeable customer support, 100% server uptime guarantee, and a 30-days money-back guarantee.
If you use Bluehost or SiteGround hosting, share your thoughts on comment sections for other users. Are there any other questions related to SiteGround vs. Bluehost that would help you decide? Let me know in the comments!
Read more about:
- GeneratePress vs. Astra theme comparison.
- Best WordPress theme for AdSense.
- Best Drag & Drop WordPress Page Builders.
- ShortPixel Image optimizer Review.
- Kinsta WordPress hosting review.
- NitroPack pricing review.
Thank You. Have a nice day.