DreamHost is the recommended WordPress hosting provider by WordPress.org. If you want to start your website on DreamHost, then this article is the ultimate gem for you. Here we discuss DreamHost each hosting plan pricing, features, & discount details.
Our users can take advantage of an exclusive DreamHost coupon that helps you get 60% off hosting. You can start with DreamHost for $2.59 per month rather than $4.95 per month.
Check Current DreamHost pricing. (Coupon automatically applied)
This coupon works for both new and existing DreamHost customers. However, to avail of the discount, you must buy a new Hosting plan.
Note: DreamHost offers one free Domain Name for 1 year with each hosting plan. To get a free domain from DreamHost, you will have to choose either their 1 year or 3-year hosting plan options.
Table of Contents
DreamHost was founded in 1996 in Los Angeles, and servicing more than 1.5 Million domains on their hosting services worldwide. They are recently featured on WordPress Official Hosting page as Recommend hosting provider for WordPress users.
Their main shared hosting plan comes with single click installation features on popular apps like WordPress, Joomla. DreamHost has more than 400,000 members in 100+ countries around the world to support you 24/7.
Their basic WordPress shared hosting plan prices begin at $2.59/mo and include improved security, backups, and a free SSL certificate. With DreamHost, you can launch cloud hosting servers within one minute and they support web apps like Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
Siteground hosting comes with the best in uptime and reliability, and the speed isn’t wrong either. Their above-average uptime score 99.96% and average server response time 648ms respectively. Let’s check each hosting plan pricing & features.
DreamHost hosting plans, features
DreamHost offers several types of hosting services, including Shared Hosting, cloud hosting, VPS Hosting, Managed WordPress hosting & dedicated server.
Let’s take a look at Dreamhost hosting plans and their features:
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is a type of web hosting where a single physical server hosts multiple sites. It’s a perfect way to start a new website with low traffic volume.
- Managed WordPress hosting: Managed WordPress hosting gives you all the tools necessary to successfully run a scalable, fast and secure WordPress site out of the box. This includes WordPress website security, speed, updates, daily backups, website uptime, premium support, and scalability.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: VPS hosting is a website hosting environment that where server resources such as RAM and CPU are isolated for individual users. Having a VPS service gives you a set amount of resources that you don’t need to share with anyone.
- Dedicated server hosting: Dedicated Server Hosting is the ultimate in web hosting solutions. It’s’ comes with the highest level of resource allocation, privacy, and control. The downside is that you will have to manage the server on your own.
All DreamHost hosting plans allow you to install WordPress with 1-click. All plans come with a free domain name for one year with WhoIs privacy protections & easy to use hosting customized cPanel where you can manage your hosting, create databases, etc. Here are their key details.
If you are wondering which DreamHost plan is right for you in 2021, let’s dive into each hosting plan pricing & hosting features details to know more about it. I have broken down each hosting plan prices monthly and yearly.
Shared Hosting is the most common, popular, and affordable form of hosting. DreamHost start their shared hosting price at $2.59/mo. If you are a new Website or business owner, then start with shared hosting, otherwise, Dreamhost also offers dedicated server at price $149/mo.
Dreamhost offers two types of shared hosting plans: Shared Starter & Shared Unlimited. Let’s check each plan’s pricing, features, & discount details. So you can easily decide, which plans are fit your hosting needs & budgets.
- Shared Starter: The Shared Starter plan is the entry-level hosting plan of DreamHost. This plan comes with one website installation features with unlimited SSD storage, bandwidth, free SSL, free privacy protection, website builder, etc. DreamHost Shared Starter plan costs you $2.59/mo and you’ll get automatic backup, with a free domain name for 1 year.
- Shared Unlimited: Dreamhost’s shared unlimited plan is a top-tier shared hosting plan. This plan costs you $3.95/mo instead of $10.95/mo. With this plan, you can host an unlimited number of websites with unlimited SSD storage, bandwidth, subdomain, email accounts.
Note: All shared hosting plan comes with a free domain name with privacy protections. Both shared hosting plan comes with free website migrations, website page builder, 24/7 Live chat, Ticket Support with 90 days money-back guarantee.
|Features||Shared Starter||Shared Unlimited|
|No of website||1||Unlimited|
|visits per month||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Discount||Claim Now||Claim Now|
DreamHost VPS hosting plans pricing
DreamHost offers us four different types of VPS hosting plans, with starter prices ranging from $10.00 to $80.00 per month. You can host your websites on the VPS server, and it’s costing you $10/moth to $80/month.
Note: All VPS hosting plan you can host unlimited websites with free SSL & unlimited traffic. Let’s check each hosting plan’s pricing, features in detail.
- VPS basic: DreamHost VPS basic plan is the entry-level VPS hosting plan. If you want to start your website on a VPS plan, then this plan is the best option for you. With the VPS basic plan, you can host unlimited websites with free SSL, 1 GB Ram, 30 GB SSD storage, with unlimited traffic & email accounts. This plan costs you $10/month.
- VPS business: Like the DreamHost VPS basic plan, with this plan you can host unlimited websites with free SSL, website builder, domain name, etc. This plan comes with 2 GB Ram, 60 GB SSD storage with unlimited email account accounts. The VPS business plan costs you $20/month.
- VPS Professional: This plan comes with 4 GB Ram, 120 GB SSD storage with unlimited traffic, websites, website builder, email account accounts. The VPS professional plan costs you $40/month.
- VPS Enterprise: DreamHost VPS Enterprise hosting plan is a top tier VPS plan. This plan comes with 8 GB Ram, 240 GB SSD storage with unlimited traffic, websites, website builder, email account accounts. This plan costs you $80/month.
Note: All VPS hosting plan comes with a free domain name with WhoIs privacy protections. All VPS plan comes with free website migrations, unlimited traffic, website page builder, 24/7 Live chat, Ticket Support with 90 days money-back guarantee.
DreamHost Managed WordPress Hosting plans pricing
If you have a WordPress website with high monthly visitors, then you need a managed WordPress hosting server. DreamHost offers three types of Managed WordPress hosting plans: DreamPress, DreamPress plus, and DreamPress Pro.
Let’s check each plan’s pricing, features, & discount details. So you can easily decide, which plans are fit your hosting needs & budgets.
- DreamPress plan: DreamPress is the entry-level managed WordPress hosting. This plan costs you $16.95/mo and it is enough for most bloggers and simple websites or blogs. You can install unlimited sites with 30 GB pure SSD space With unlimited bandwidth and this plan suitable for 100k visits per month.
- DreamPress Plus plan: With the DreamPress Plus plan, you can install multiple sites with 60 GB space and suitable for 300k+ visits per month. This plan comes with unmetered Bandwidth with a single-click staging, pre-installed SSL, CDN support, premium Jetpack features with free WordPress website migrations. DreamPress Plus plan costs you $24.95/month.
- DreamPress Pro plan: DreamPress Pro plan is the best option between Managed WordPress hosting and the much more expensive dedicated hosting solutions. It’s highly optimized for website speed and gives you a lot of the Fastest SSD space with priority support that you will not get in the DreamPress and DreamPress Plus plan. This plan comes with 120 GB SSD storage with unlimited CDN, premium SSL, it’s comparable for 1 Million + website traffic and It costs you $71.95/month.
DreamHost Dedicated server plans pricing
A dedicated server offers the ultimate in server control and configuration. DreamHost offers two types managed dedicated plans : Standard, Enhanced.
- Standard Plan: DreamHost standard plan is the ideal starting point of dedicated hosting. It’s comes with 4-Core 8-Thread Intel Xeon CPU with 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD with complete Root access. The Standard dedicated server plan comes with Ubuntu operating system with a 100% server uptime guarantee with 24/7 tech support & DDoS protections. This plan costs you $149/month.
- Enhanced Plan: DreamHost Enhanced plan has similar features as the Standard plan. Enhanced plan server comes with 12-Core 24-Thread Intel Xeon CPU with 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD with complete Root access. This plan costs you $279/month.
You can also customize your dedicated server. Know more about it here:
Pro & Cons of using DreamHost
DreamHost is one of the oldest & trusted independent hosting companies. Every hosting provider comes with its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s check why you need to choose DreamHost as your primary hosting provider.
Here are the advantages for considering DreamHost:
- 99.96% average uptime guarantee
- Unlimited SSDs storage for all shared, cloud, and VPS plans
- One free domain name for one year
- 24/7/365 support
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited number of email addresses
- Cloud storage for easier access and security
- 1-click install features for web apps like WordPress
- Easy to use control panel available
Here are some disadvantages of DreamHost:
- Only US-location-based hosting sever available.
- No email account in the shared starter plan.
- Site Migrations are not free. (If you have existing site then you have to pay for the site migrations, and if you need free migrations then go with WPX hosting or SiteGround).
- DreamHost doesn’t offer a built-in caching plugin.
- Advanced backup solutions are not available on shared hosting.
FAQ about DreamHost pricing
Can I get free domain with Dreamhost hosting?
Yes, Dreamhost offer one year free domain name with whois privacy protection.
Which DreamHost plan is best for WordPress website?
If you just started, then you can try “Shared Starter” plan to host your WordPress website.
Can I get free site migrations with DreamHost?
No, Dreamhost doesn’t offer free website migration. But you can use some WordPress migration plugins to move your website without any downtime.
How to backup my website in Dreamhost?
Deamhost doesn’t offer free website backup options with shared hosting. But you can use “WordPress backup” plugin to backup & restore your website.
DreamHost Pricing Summary
DreamHost is recommend WordPress hosting provider. They offer top-rated hosting with some premium hosting features. And Most importantly, they offer affordable starter plans that fit any budget requirement.
From shared hosting to a dedicated hosting server, DreamHost has plenty to offer. Let’s have a quick recap of all hosting plans and prices.
- Shared Hosting: $2.59/month – $3.95/month
- Shared WordPress Hosting: $2.59/month – $3.95/month
- VPS Hosting: $10/month – $80/month
- Managed WordPress Hosting: $16.95/month – $71.95/month
- Dedicated Hosting: $149/month – $279/month
Ready to start your website DreamHost? Click here to select your website with DreamHost (Discount automatically applied).
All DreamHost hosting plans come with a 90-day money-back guarantee. That means you can try any hosting plan for three months, and if you don’t like hosting performance & service, then you can cancel for a full refund (there are no refunds for domain name purchase). There’s literally no risk involved!
They accept payment via Credit card and PayPal. Let me know if you’ve any questions before buying in the comments or contact me. I’d be glad to reply!
You may also like:
Thank you. Have a nice day.