GeneratePress is a multi-purpose fast loading WordPress theme. In this article, we’ll take a deep look into the inner workings of the GeneratePress WordPress theme, examine the theme features it offers, real-world website load time performance, theme customization options, look into the pricing, and finish up by giving you our opinion on whether or not it’s worth the investment.
The GeneratePress theme is popular, not just for its clean design, fast loading, and features, but more for its flexibility with all page builder like Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. The GeneratePress WordPress theme is known for its flexibility and versatility.
Table of page contents
- GeneratePress theme Review from our own Experience
- GeneratePress theme: Quick overview
- Pro & Cons of using GeneratePress theme
- GeneratePress theme Performance
- GeneratePress theme pricing
- GeneratePress customer support
- GeneratePress theme features & customizations
- GeneratePress vs Astra theme comparison
- FAQ about GeneratePress WordPress theme
- Final thoughts on GeneratePress
- GeneratePress Coupon
GeneratePress theme Review from our own Experience
See the complete GeneratePress review by our experts to find out if GeneratePress is the right choice for you. In this complete GeneratePress WordPress theme review, we will put their promises to test. These are the areas we will look into:
- Loading time: How fast will your website load with the GeneratePress theme? We will test our website with different to check website speed.
- Customer Support: Are they offer technical support for GeneratePress premium customers?
- Customization options: Theme customization is the main part of any website. Does GeneratePress offer beginner-friendly customization options like page builder support?
- features: Do they offer all the features you will need to build your website?
- Site Libary: Do they offer any pre-made website demo for a new website? Check all pre-made GeneratePress site library.
- Pricing: Do they have the best pricing in the WordPress theme industry? Are there any GeneratePress coupon deals that can save you money?
Bottom line: Don’t want to read all the details? Let us give it to you straight. In our GeneratePress review, we found them to be reliable, beginner-friendly, fast, and affordable with friendly customer support.
That’s why we’ve chosen to recommend GeneratePress as one of the best WordPress themes for multipurpose usages.
Now let’s dive into our detailed complete detailed GeneratePress review so that you can decide for yourself.
GeneratePress theme: Quick overview
GeneratePress is one of the most popular themes out there; it’s rating in the WordPress repository is one of the highest, with 848 out of 858 reviews giving it a 5-star rating and it has 200,000+ active installs.
The core GeneratePress theme is 100% free. And then there’s also a GeneratePress Premium version. GeneratePress Premium is technically a plugin that you install alongside the free theme. Gp Premium plugin extends the theme with even more functionality & customization options.
To get started, first of all, download GeneratePress from WordPress and then purchase and install the GP Premium plugin for more flexibility & features.
GeneratePress is one of the most lightweight and fastest themes in the market. It’s known for having clean code and being super lightweight out of the box. In fact, the entire theme is only 30kb when installed. While the average WordPress theme is over 1MB.
In general, GeneratePress consistently impresses me with its loading speed performance and it’s one of my favorite WordPress themes available right now. But let’s not jump the pro & cons – here’s why I think that:
Pro & Cons of using GeneratePress theme
All WordPress theme have their pros and cons. Some you can live with, and some you cannot ignore.
Here are the pros and cons of GeneratePress that we learned.
First, let’s take a look at the advantages that make GeneratePress the top choice for our website.
- Pricing: The core GeneratePress WordPress theme is 100% free, but they have a GeneratePress Premium Plugin, for advance customizations & features. GP Premium is also still quite affordable. It costs just $39.95, and that gives you use on unlimited sites.
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Site Libary: GeneratePress offer their premium users, 45+ pre-built website design. You are users of the “GP Premium” plugin then you can import theme style with a single click.
- Developer friendly code: GeneratePress offers active support from the developer. This theme has tons of hooks and filters which make it a perfect theme for developers.
- Extensive Documentation: Theme documentation is the most valuable part for beginners. They have a huge library of articles, videos, etc.
- WooCommerce Integration: If you want to make an eCommerce website then you have to install WooCommerce. GeneratePress offers WooCommerce integration so, you don’t have to buy another theme for your eCommerce website.
- Best Customer Support: GeneratePress has support forums, where you can ask questions directly to GeneratePress developers. This forum is very active & clean, you’ll get your answers within 12 hours.
- Page builder support: If you are not a developer, then Page Builder is the best way to design your website without any coding. GeneratePress is 100% comfortable with any page builder. especially Elementor, Beaver builder, thrive architecture, etc.
- Compatibility: This theme Compatible with all popular modern WordPress plugins like Yoast SEO, WooCommerce, BuddyPress, bbPress, and Schema, etc.
- SEO Friendly Design
- 30-day money-back guarantee, etc.
GeneratePress is not without some disadvantages that you should be aware of before signing up.
- Limited Features: The free version of GeneratePress features is limited. If you need advance customization, priority support then you need to buy GP premium plugin.
GeneratePress theme Performance
The most important performance metric that you should look for is the WordPress website speed & theme size. It not only affects user experience on your site, but it also affects your WordPress SEO rankings.
WpBegginer Studies show that a 1-second drop in website speed can decrease your conversion rate by 7%. And a 3-second delay website can cost you 50% of your traffic.
Let’s see how fast your website will load With the GeneratePress theme on SiteGround Hosting.
As you can see, our website loads in less than two seconds according to GtMetrix results. That’s faster than 85% of all tested sites.
Note: For a faster website, you will need to choose a fast web hosting company. We are using SiteGround hosting to check GeneratePress website speed & performance with using a cache plugin.
GeneratePress theme pricing
You already know, Core GeneratePress theme is completely free limited features. But purchasing the premium version will get access to their All premium modules, Full access to the Site Library, Unlimited websites usages, 1 year of theme updates & customer support, & 30-day money-back guarantee.
GP premium is available at an affordable price of $49.95. And, the best part of GeneratePress premium is that you can use it on unlimited sites. Below are GeneratePress coupon details, to get 10% off on GP Premium.
Now, If you compared the GeneratePress with other popular themes like Genesis, Astra. You’d find that it’s far cheaper and faster.
GeneratePress customer support
We all need help every now and then. When you run into trouble with your site, you will always have a technician there to help get your site ready. It is really important that you choose a premium theme that offers help when you need it.
I’ve had a very good experience with the GeneratePress developer team. They are extremely friendly and offered direct answers & solutions to each question.
Note: You only get the GeneratePress support team when you buy the GeneratePress Premium plugin.
They also offer knowledge base with 100+ articles with videos & step by step tutorials. Their support forum is very active & responsive.
Their top GeneratePress developer team always available on their support forum, to solve their customer problem asap.
GeneratePress theme features & customizations
GeneratePress uses the default WordPress Customizer for customization. The free version of GeneratePress gives you a decent amount of customization options. But if you purchase the GeneratePress Premium plugin, you’ll be able to customize pretty much everything about your site with premium modules.
GeneratePress premium also offers Site Library feature that lets you easily import any one of the 45+ pre-built demo sites and It works with all page builders, so you can design your website without any coding knowledge.
With GeneratePress Premium, you will get access to 15 different premium modules to save a ton of time designing work your website, which makes this purchase more valuable.
Let’s explore the GeneratePress premium modules:
- Background: After active this module, you able to customize your website background with colors and parallax effects.
- Colors: With this module, you can change your website with 60 different color schemes.
- Copyright: You can add, edit or delete/remove powered by GeneratePress copyright footer text with this module.
- Disable Elements: 14 elements to activate/deactivate any part of the theme with 1 click.
- Menu plus: with this module you can add menu & slideout menu sections and fades.
- Secondary Nav: After using it, you can create a secondary navigation menu.
- Sections: after using it, you create posts and pages in sections.
- Site Library: With this module, you can import 45+ demo site usage with a single click.
- Spacing: after using a spacing module, you can set gaps and spaces between widgets, menu items, content area, header, navigation menu, footer, etc.
- Typography: After activating this module, you can change your website with 70+ different fonts.
- WooCommerce: It’s premium WooCommerce integrations and add-on features that support only WooCommerce sites.
Apart from the premium module on each post and pages, you will get a lot of custom customization options. Like you can disable change sidebar layout, footer widgets as well as disable elements.
GeneratePress vs Astra theme comparison
GeneratePress and Astra are the most popular fast loading multi-purpose themes in the WordPress marketplace right now. Let’s differentiate each theme & check which theme offers the best value for money.
- Loading time: I tried Astra and GeneratePress are tested without any page builder installed, both got similar scores in GtMetrix & Tools Pingdom. GeneratePress has the very little edge when it comes to performance using the Elementor page builder.
- Developer Friendly: Astra and GeneratePress both these themes are extremely developer-friendly. There is also a section for you to add hooks without touching the theme main files. You can add hooks to the header, body, sidebar, and footer section. (They also have documentation on their site, to help you.)
- Customization Option: Like the GeneratePress theme, Astra theme comes with dozens of free plugins to extend the functionalities. Both themes are offer modules for customization, But Astra has some more modules features than GeneratePress in customization and layouts section.
- Pricing: Both GeneratePress and Astra are freemium themes. Their free versions won’t come with modules, support, and advanced customization options. If you want the pro versions for more customization, GeneratePress costs $49.95 per year. And Astra pro costs you $59 per year. You can use both premium theme unlimited sites, updates, and support.
Conclusion: In our test, both themes offer the best value for money products. If you are concern about theme pricing then the GeneratePress theme is the best option for you. And if you need more modules for customization, then you can try Astra Pro (It offers extra 2 modules).
Both themes offer a money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with GeneraPress or Astra Pro theme performance, then you’ll get your money back. So, no risk involved.
FAQ about GeneratePress WordPress theme
GeneratePress is a bestselling multi-purpose premium WordPress theme.
Core GeneratePress theme is 100% free, it’s available on WordPress. But if you need more features & customization options then you have to buy GeneratePress premium plugin.
All most all WordPress theme works with Elementor. I recommend you use the GeneratePress theme to use the Elementor page builder.
GeneratePress free version comes with limited customization options. And GeneratePress with the premium plugin, you can change anything on your website.
There are hundreds of free social icons WordPress plugin available. I recommend you use the “Social Warfare” plugin.
To remove GeneratePress copyright, you have to buy a premium GeneratePress plugin.
You can also read:
- Best Android apps for Bloggers.
- Best Chrome extensions for Bloggers.
- Blogspot SEO guide.
- Siteground Hosting Coupon.
Final thoughts on GeneratePress
After reading this GeneratePress review, you might be wondering if the GeneratePress is the right choice for your website?
This theme combines a clean, structured grid system with a highly-responsive interface. It’s also highly customizable, and thanks to the wealth of demo designs and pre-made layouts for pages and articles, you don’t need to have coding skills to create something unique.
Don’t forget to claim the GeneratePress discount to start your website.
Overall, GeneratePress is our TOP #1 WordPress theme according to our research, and you shouldn’t go wrong with it. They accept payment via Credit card and PayPal.
Our users get an exclusive 10% discount on GeneratePres premium plugin, Use Code “10PERCENT” to avail discount. Note: Our Coupon only works with our links.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be applied automatically. I hope you will find this GeneratePress Coupon 2020 worthy.
They also offer a 30-days money-back guarantee. After purchasing GP premium, if you are not satisfied with GeneratePress theme performance then you’ll get your money back. So no risk involved.
Do you have any further questions about the GeneratePress theme? Let us know in the comments section below or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be glad to reply!
Thank you. Have a lovely day.