GeneratePress is the most popular fastest WordPress theme for multi-purpose usage. This website is based on the GeneratePress theme; see our honest GeneratePress theme review from our own experiences to determine if the GeneratePress theme is the right choice for you.
The GeneratePress theme is famous for its clean design, fast loading, and features and its flexibility with all page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. The GeneratePress WordPress theme is known for its easy-to-use interface, flexibility, and versatility.
In this article, we’ll take a deep look into the inner workings of the GeneratePress WordPress theme. We examine GeneratePress theme features, real-world website load time performance, theme customization options, look into the pricing, and finish up by giving you our opinion on whether or not it’s worth the investment.
IN THIS POST:
- GeneratePress Theme Review
- About GeneratePress Theme
- Pros & Cons Of GeneratePress Theme
- GeneratePress Theme Performance [Speed Test]
- GeneratePress Pricing 2022
- GeneratePress Theme Customization Options
- Generatepress Free vs Premium Comparison
- Generatepress Premium Modules
- GeneratePress Support & Documentation
- FAQs About GeneratePress
- Best GeneratePress Theme Alternatives
GeneratePress Theme Review 2022
I’ve been using the GeneratePress theme for a long time on my different websites, including this one. In the last few years, I tried many other WordPress themes, from the NewsPaper magazine theme to Divi.
When I have to select a WordPress theme for my website, I always prefer to use GeneratePress. In this complete GeneratePress WordPress theme review, we will put their promises to the test. These are the areas we will look into:
- Loading time: How fast will your website load with the GeneratePress theme? We will test our website with different to check website speed.
- Customer Support: Are they offer technical support for GeneratePress premium customers?
- Customization options: Theme customization is the main part of any website. Does GeneratePress offer beginner-friendly customization options like page builder support?
- Features: Do they offer all the features you need to build your website?
- Site Libary: Do they offer pre-made website demos for a new website? Check all pre-made GeneratePress site libraries.
- Pricing: Do they have the best pricing in the WordPress theme industry? Are there any GeneratePress coupon deals that can save you money?
About GeneratePress Theme
GeneratePress is one of the most popular themes out there; it’s rating in the WordPress repository is one of the highest, with 1227 out of 1247 reviews giving it a 5-star rating, and it has 3,950,018+ active installs.
The core GeneratePress theme is 100% free, and then there’s also a GeneratePress Premium version. GeneratePress Premium is a WordPress plugin that you install alongside the free theme, and GeneratePress Premium plugin extends the theme with even more functionality & customization options.
First of all, download GeneratePress from WordPress and then purchase and install the GP Premium plugin for more flexibility & features.
GeneratePress is one of the lightweight and fastest WordPress themes in the market. It’s known for having clean code and being super lightweight out of the box. The entire theme is only 30kb when installed, and at the same time, the average WordPress theme is over 1MB.
In general, GeneratePress consistently impresses me with its loading speed performance, and it’s one of my favorite WordPress themes available right now. But let’s not jump to the pro & cons – here’s why I think that:
Bottom line: Don’t want to read all the details? Let us give it to you straight. In our GeneratePress review, we found them to be reliable, beginner-friendly, fast, and affordable with friendly customer support.
We’ve chosen to recommend GeneratePress as one of the best WordPress themes for multi-purpose usage. Now let’s dive into our detailed review so that you can decide for yourself.
Pros & Cons Of GeneratePress Theme
All WordPress theme have their pros and cons. Some you can live with, and some you cannot ignore. Here are the pros and cons of GeneratePress that we learned from our experience.
Pro Features of GeneratePress:
First, let’s take a look at the advantages that make GeneratePress the top choice for our website.
- Pricing: The core GeneratePress WordPress theme is 100% free, but they have a GeneratePress Premium Plugin for advanced customizations & features. GP Premium is also still quite affordable. It costs just $49.95, which gives you unlimited use on sites.
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Site Libary: GeneratePress offer their premium users 45+ pre-built website design. If you are a user of the “GP Premium” plugin, you can import the theme style with a single click.
- Developer-friendly code: GeneratePress offers active support from the developer. This theme has tons of hooks and filters, making it a perfect theme for developers.
- Extensive Documentation: Theme documentation is the most valuable part for beginners. They have a massive library of articles, videos, etc.
- WooCommerce Integration: If you want to make an eCommerce website, you have to install WooCommerce. GeneratePress offers WooCommerce integration, so you don’t have to buy another theme for your eCommerce website.
- Best Customer Support: GeneratePress has support forums where you can ask questions directly to GeneratePress developers. This forum is very active & clean; you’ll get your answers within 12 hours.
- Page builder support: If you are not a developer, Page Builder is the best way to design your website without coding. GeneratePress is 100% comfortable with any page builder. Especially Elementor, Beaver builder, thrive architecture, etc.
- Compatibility: This theme is compatible with all popular modern WordPress plugins like Yoast SEO, WooCommerce, BuddyPress, bbPress, Schema, etc.
- Money Back: GeneratePress offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. After purchasing the GeneratePress premium plugin, if you are not satisfied with the theme performance, you can get your money back.
Cons of using GeneratePress:
GeneratePress is not without some disadvantages that you should know before signing up.
- Limited Features: The free version of GeneratePress features is limited. If you need advanced customization and priority support, you need to buy a GP premium plugin.
- Support: No customer support for the free GeneratePress theme. But they offer theme documentation for beginners.
GeneratePress Theme Performance [Speed Test]
Our Studies show that Even just a one-second delay in website loading time will Reduce page views by 11%, Decrease customer satisfaction by 16%, and Reduce conversions by 7%.
It means website loading time affects user experience on your site and affects your WordPress site’s overall SEO rankings.
To test performance, We installed the GeneratePress theme on a new WordPress website to test both themes’ performance and ran tests with GtMetrix, Tools Pingdom, & Byte Check. Here’s the performance result:
The most critical performance metric you should look for is the WordPress website speed & theme size. I’m personally using the GeneratePress WordPress theme on my websites.
Recently Google announced website loading time is also a ranking factor on search engines. And Google also uses its new performance metric, Core Web Vitals, to test any website performance.
Google’s Core Web Vitals only shows you essential information about your website performance. To test my website loading time in different locations with advanced performance metrics, I use GtMetrix. Here’s my website performance result using GtMetrix:
As you can see, GtMetrix tests show this website got 100% on performance website structure and also passed Web Vitals. That’s faster than 96% of all tested sites on GtMetrix.
GeneratePress Pricing 2022
You already know the Core GeneratePress theme is completely free with limited features. But purchasing the premium version will get access to All premium modules, Full access to the Site Library, 500 website usage, one year of theme updates & customer support, & a 30-day money-back guarantee.
GP premium is available at an affordable price of $49.95/year, and the best part of GeneratePress premium is that you can use it on 500 sites with a single license key.
If you don’t want to worry about renewal pricing, GeneratePress also offers a Lifetime subscription at $249. It’s a one-time payment, and you’ll automatically get lifetime theme updates, support, and all upcoming features.
Now, Compare GeneratePress theme pricing with other popular themes like Genesis, Avada, or Divi theme; you’d find that the GeneratePress theme is far cheaper, faster, & easy to use.
GeneratePress Theme Customization Options
GeneratePress is a multi-purpose WordPress theme. You can easily customize every part of your site and create a professional-looking site with or without a page builder.
GeneratePress uses WordPress default Customizer for theme customization. GeneratePress theme is also 100% compatible with all industry-leading page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen Builder, etc.
I’m not a big fan of using page builders on my sites. The reason is simple: most page builders come with bloatware that slows down your website loading time, and I’m not a good designer.
I use the GenerateBlocks Block editor created by the GeneratePress team. It’s insanely lightweight and bloat-free, and you can design anything without having to custom code everything from scratch.
With a combination of the GeneratePress Premium and GenerateBlocks block builder plugin, you can visually build every aspect of your website. And you don’t have to be a professional web designer to develop your site.
Generatepress Free vs Premium Comparison
GeneratePress uses the default WordPress Customizer for customization. The free version of GeneratePress gives you a decent amount of customization options. But if you purchase the GeneratePress Premium plugin, you’ll be able to customize pretty much everything about your site with premium modules.
GeneratePress premium also offers a Site Library feature that lets you easily import any of the 60+ pre-built demo sites. It works with all page builders so that you can design your website without any coding knowledge.
With GeneratePress Premium, you will get access to 15 different premium modules to save time designing your website, making this purchase more valuable.
Generatepress Premium Modules
Let’s explore the GeneratePress premium modules:
- Background: After activating this module, you can customize your website background with colors and parallax effects.
- Colors: With this module, you can change your website with 60 different color schemes.
- Copyright: You can add, edit or delete/remove powered by GeneratePress copyright footer text with this module.
- Disable Elements: 14 elements to activate/deactivate any theme part with one click.
- Menu plus: with this module, you can add menu & slideout menu sections and fades.
- Secondary Nav: You can create a secondary navigation menu after using it.
- Sections: after using it, you create posts and pages in sections.
- Site Library: With this module, you can import 45+ demo site usage with a single click.
- Spacing: after using a spacing module, you can set gaps and spaces between widgets, menu items, content area, header, navigation menu, footer, etc.
- Typography: You can change your website with 70+ different fonts after activating this module.
- WooCommerce: It’s premium WooCommerce integrations and add-on features that support only WooCommerce sites.
Apart from the premium module on each post and page, you will get a lot of custom customization options. You can disable change sidebar layout, footer widgets, and disable elements.
GeneratePress Support & Documentation
We all need help now and then. When you run into trouble with your site, you will always have a technician to help get your site ready. You must choose a premium theme that offers help when you need it.
I’ve had an excellent experience with the GeneratePress developer team. They are extremely friendly and offer direct answers & solutions to each question.
Note: You only get the GeneratePress support team when buying the GeneratePress Premium plugin.
They also offer a knowledge base with 100+ articles with videos & step by step tutorials. Their support forum is very active & responsive.
Their top GeneratePress developer team is always available on their support forum to solve their customer problem asap.
FAQs About GeneratePress
What is GeneratePress?
GeneratePress is a bestselling multi-purpose WordPress theme. GeneratePress is most famous for its clean design, easy user interface, page builders support, & fast loading time.
Is GeneratePress free?
Yes, the core GeneratePress theme is 100% free; it’s available on the WordPress repository. But if you need more features & customization options, you have to buy the GeneratePress Premium.
What theme works best with Elementor?
Most of all, the WordPress theme works with Elementor. I recommend using the GeneratePress or Astra theme; it works perfectly with the Elementor page builder.
GeneratePress free vs. premium?
GeneratePress’s free version comes with limited customization options. And GeneratePress with the premium plugin; you can change anything on your website.
How to add GeneratePress social icons?
There are hundreds of free social icons WordPress plugins available, and I recommend you use the “Social Warfare” plugin.
How to GeneratePress remove copyright?
To remove the GeneratePress copyright, you must buy a premium GeneratePress plugin. Otherwise, it would help if you used CSS to remove it.
Are you using the GeneratePress theme?
Yes, this site is based on the GeneratePress theme & I’m using the premium version.
Here are some most asked questions about the GeneratePress theme. If you have any other questions about this theme’s features, customization options, and pricing, let me know in the comment sections.
Best GeneratePress Theme Alternatives
Over 30k+ WordPress themes are available on the WordPress repository. If you are not impressed with the GeneratePress theme performance, below are some best-selling WordPress themes perfect for your WordPress website.
Astra is one of the popular multipurpose WordPress themes on the market. Like GeneratePress theme, Astra theme is also the freemium, lightweight, and highly customizable WordPress theme. Astra theme has over 1.6 million+ users with 5/5 ratings on the WordPress theme repository.
Astra theme also comes with 55+ pre-built import-ready designs with 19+ premium modules on Astra premium theme. Astra premium costs you $47 per year with unlimited website usage.
Conclusion on GeneratePress Theme
After reading this GeneratePress review, you might be wondering if GeneratePress is the right choice for your website?
This theme combines a clean, structured grid system with a highly responsive interface. It’s also highly customizable, and thanks to the wealth of demo designs and pre-made layouts for pages and articles, you don’t need to have coding skills to create something unique.
According to our research, GeneratePress is our TOP #1 WordPress theme, and you shouldn’t go wrong with it. They accept payment via Credit card and PayPal.
They also offer a 30-days money-back guarantee. After purchasing GP premium, you’ll get your money back if you are not satisfied with GeneratePress theme performance. So no risk involved.
Do you have any further questions about the GeneratePress theme? Let us know in the comments section below, or contact me. I’d be glad to reply!
You can also read:
- Astra WordPress theme review.
- GeneratePress vs. Astra theme comparison.
- Grammarly Premium Review 2022.
- Chrome extensions for Bloggers.
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer review.
Thank you. Have a lovely day.
Overall GeneratePress Review
GeneratePress theme is popular, not just for its clean design, fast loading, and features, but more for its flexibility with all page builder like Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. The GeneratePress WordPress theme is known for its flexibility and versatility. Try the GeneratePress theme for free.