Are you considering SiteGround hosting? In our Siteground WordPress, we’ll share hands-on tests and real survey data to help you decide if this host is right for you.
SiteGround is a popular hosting solution for WordPress sites for it’s optimized WordPress servers, security, and performance. It’s one of three providers officially recommended by the WordPress.org team. Their web hosting is mainly focused on website speed optimization and hosting security.
In this SiteGround review for WordPress, we’ll aim to provide everything you need to know before you host your website on SiteGround. These are the areas we will look into:
- Loading time: How fast will your website load with the SiteGround manage WordPress hosting? We check our website on SiteGround hosting and show you our website load time in different locations.
- Customer Support: Are they offer technical support for SiteGround customers? How fast they respond to their customers, etc.
- Features: How many hosting features comes with basic WordPress hosting? Are they offer free SSL, CDN, backup, etc?
- Pricing: How much cost each hosting plan? Which plan is best for WordPress beginners?
- Server Performance: What about hosting server average uptime performance & server response time?
- Coupons: Are there any coupons available for WordPress hosting? How much money you can save with our SiteGround coupon?
Let’s get started!
Table of page contents
- SiteGround WordPress Hosting Review
- Customer support & knowledge base
- SiteGround Server Performance
- SiteGround WordPress hosting plans pricing
- Pros and Cons of SiteGround
- FAQ About Siteground
- Does SiteGround offer a free trial?
- How to avail SiteGround Shared Hosting deals?
- Can I get Free SSL and Backup in the StartUp plan?
- Are you using Siteground Hosting?
- What if I need any help with SiteGround?
- Can I get a free Domain with Siteground Hosting?
- Can I use another CDN service?
- Conclusion: Do I Recommend SiteGround WordPress hosting?
SiteGround WordPress Hosting Review
Siteground is one of the fastest-growing independent non-EIG based hosting companies. If you want to ensure that your website is WordPress optimized, secure, and fast-loading – without doing a lot of work yourself – managed hosting is an option worth considering. When it comes to WordPress hosting, SiteGround is one of the top names.
Its service offers quite a few WordPress-specific major features it includes:
- Single-click WordPress installations
- Automatic WordPress updates
- Free daily backup
- Both a free CDN and a free SSL certificate
- Friendly customer support
- free Email accounts and SSD storage
Let’s check each SiteGround WordPress hosting features you need know before you signup.
Customer support & knowledge base
You’ll get 24/7 access to dedicated WordPress team help, whether that’s via phone, email, or live chat. Support options are easy to access right from your user portal, once you’ve signed up.
Their support phone calls and live chat response times are almost instant. And your support Emails and support tickets get the first response within less than 10 minutes. I’m using SiteGround hosting over 12 months now & I don’t have a single complaint about their expert support.
SiteGround supports three different languages English, Spanish, and Italian. WordPress expert support team was quick to respond, helpful, and seemed knowledgeable about the platform.
Along with customer support, SiteGround has a vast knowledge base for beginners. In their knowledgebase, you get step by step articles, video guides, & faqs, etc.
SiteGround Server Performance
The most important performance metric that you should look for is the WordPress website speed, hosting server response time, and server average uptime score. According Studies show that only one-second slow website speed can decrease your customer conversion rate by 8%.
As you can see, my website load time under one second. Your website load time depends on several factors, including its code, caching, content delivery system, and more. SiteGround offer their own WordPress cache plugin called SG Optimizer and SuperCacher technology to optimize your site cache to make your site faster.
Here’s my website average server response time on different locatiions:
Along with the best server response time, SIteGround offers a 99.99% average server uptime guarantee. Here are a few websites on different hosting last 12 months’ average server uptime test by tools Pingdom.
For the next phase of our SiteGround Review for WordPress, we set up a basic WordPress site with dummy content, images, and tested its loading speeds using Pingdom Tools from various locations around the world. Here are our test results:
- New York: 1.01 seconds
- Sydney: 1.27 seconds
- Washington DC: 0.39 seconds
- London: 0.45 seconds
- Bangalore: 1.17 seconds
Here’s my website load impact with SiteGround hosting. The below chart shows that as the number of visitors (blue line), our site’s page load times (green line).
As you see, your site will load just quickly for the 1st visitor as it will for the 50th person visiting at the same time. Overall, Siteground is the most reliable managed WordPress hosting at a low price.
SiteGround WordPress hosting plans pricing
SiteGround offers three different managed WordPress hosting plans: StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. All the plans share the following features like free SSL, CDN, unlimited Databases, email accounts, 30-day money-back guarantee, and 1-click WordPress installation.
Let’s run through each of the SiteGround plans quickly, so you can decide which plan is best for you.
- StartUp Plan: With this plan, you can install only one site with 10 GB SSD space and unlimited bandwidth. If you are starting, this is the perfect plan for you. The StartUp plan costs you $6.99/month and this plan optimized for 10k visits per month.
- GrowBig Plan: With this plan, you can host unlimited websites with 20 GB SSD space and unlimited bandwidth. The GrowBig plan is recommended plan by SiteGround & I’m also using this plan to host my websites. This plan costs you $9.99/month and it’s optimized for 25k visits per month.
- GoGeek Plan: The GoGeek plan highly optimized for website speed and gives you a lot of Fastest SSD space with priority support that you will not get in the StartUp and GrowBig plan. This plan comes with unlimited website installation with 40 GB SSD storage. SiteGround GoGeek plan costs you $14.99/month & it’s optimized for 100k visits per month.
|Features||StartUp plan||GrowBig plan||GoGeek plan|
|Site Migration||Not Included||Included||Included|
|Free SSL & CDN||Included||Included||Included|
|Advance Support||Not Included||Not Included||Included|
|Git Intregration||Not Included||Not Included||Included|
|Coupon||Claim Now||Claim Now||Claim Now|
Siteground pricing isn’t cheap, but they do provide plenty of premium hosting features and lots of room for your site to grow. And hosting plan comes with 30 days money-back guarantee.
Pros and Cons of SiteGround
Before we wrap up this SiteGround review for WordPress, let’s summarize what we’ve learned. This is a hosting provider with some very clear advantages and drawbacks, which are vital to consider if you’re thinking about signing up for a plan.
First, let’s take a look at the advantages that make SiteGround managed WordPress in our top choice:
- Well-optimized for WordPress users.
- Simplifies the process of managing your website that makes it easy to do things like installing WordPress.
- Provides solid, consistent server performance like server uptime & response time.
- 24/7 expert customer support.
- Ridiculously fast website loading speeds.
- Free migration services, Cloudflare CDN, and Encrypted SSL certificate.
- Well-designed custom hosting dashboard
- Some handy WordPress-specific features, like one-click installation and updates
SiteGround is not without some disadvantages that you should be aware of before signing up.
- Won’t fit into everyone’s budget. SiteGround pricing higher than some other entry-level shared hosting plans.
- No cPanel. SiteGround use their own custom made dashboard.
- Low SSD storage comes to other WordPress hosting providers.
FAQ About Siteground
Does SiteGround offer a free trial?
Can I get Free SSL and Backup in the StartUp plan?
Are you using Siteground Hosting?
What if I need any help with SiteGround?
Can I get a free Domain with Siteground Hosting?
Can I use another CDN service?
Conclusion: Do I Recommend SiteGround WordPress hosting?
Yes, I recommend to use SiteGround hosting.
SiteGround WordPress coupon: Here we share an exclusive 70% discount coupon with our SiteGround coupon code. All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount coupon will be applied automatically.
Overall, the results of our SiteGround review for WordPress are very promising. This service is well optimized for WordPress, provides a ton of key features, and offers solid performance.
Siteground hosting comes with the best in uptime and reliability, and the speed isn’t wrong either. Overall, SiteGround is our TOP 1 host on our list, and you shouldn’t go wrong with it. They also offer 30 Days money-back guarantee, If you think you chose the wrong hosting provider then you can get your money.
Do you concur with the results of our SiteGround WordPress? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!
Thank you. Have a lovely day.